Mustang Spirit

Mustang+Spirit

Yanixa Meraz, Journalist

Spirit days are a school tradition in Andrews and across many campuses in Texas. On these days students dress up to fit the theme of that Friday. This is an exciting way to build excitement on important days. For example, students have spirit days to promote Drug-Free Week and spirit days on Fridays to support the high school football team.

Drug-Free week is when the school promotes staying drug-free and teachers educate students on the harmful effects of drugs. This is an extremely important matter so AMS has a theme for each day to gain student attention and encourage participation. The great part is teachers and students can participate. Many students enjoy seeing their teachers participate in these days just as much as dressing up themselves.

Theme: “Drugs-Free Looks Like Me”

Mix Match Monday

Tie-Dye Tuesday

Wacky Wednesday

Twin Thursday

Friday- Sock Day (Student Council will collect new pairs of socks to donate to people in need)

Another time to show school spirit is on Fridays during football season. The halls of AMS come alive with amazing outfits matching the designated theme. Many students have siblings and friends playing football at Andrews High School and want to show their support. There are only two football games left this season.

Football Spirit Days Remaining:

October 29, 2021

Wizard of Oz

November 5, 2021

Neon day (Wear your favorite neon color)

Most students and teachers enjoy spirit days because it’s a chance for them to dress up and show their school spirit. The yearbook team gets excited for spirit days, as well. Capturing those great moments during the school year makes the yearbook more exciting. Don’t be shy and let your school spirit shine. Let’s go Mustangs.